E.L.F. Moisturizing Foundation Stick | Affordable Foundation Review

by - 6:00 PM

E.L.F. Moisturizing Foundation Stick

The search for the best base continues 😊. I'm specifically searching for something that feels light on the face with medium to high coverage BUT giving a smooth, "your face but better" finish. And I think I have one candidate for that competition and its the E.L.F. Moisturizing Foundation Stick. The shade that I use is nude and its the perfect shade for me. 

According to Ulta, this creamy foundation glides on effortlessly for adjustable, natural-looking coverage. Enriched with antioxidants and anti-aging ingredients such as Shea, Vitamin E, cocoa, grape, avocado, macadamia, and aloe to nourish and hydrate the skin for a soft, smooth and revitalized look. The twist-up component is easy to use and perfect for on-the-go beauty! It is also cruelty free and vegan 😉.

E.L.F. Moisturizing Foundation Stick

This foundation is great for dry to normal skin types and I've been using this product for two months now (I have never used any product ever since). I use foundations/ BB creams 4-6 days a week for less than 8 hours. And my thoughts for this foundation: its amazing but I have a tiny issue. 

The foundation glides to my face smoothly. I blend it with a flat top foundation brush or a damp blending sponge. I personally prefer using a damp sponge as it distributes the product evenly. One issue I have with this foundation is that it transfers a little bit on my fingers when I try to tap my face with it. And its a bit powdery. But when using a damp sponge, it lessens those issues. I don't really like using damp sponges, however, for this foundation, I will. 

E.L.F. Moisturizing Foundation Stick

BUT OMG. The finish of this foundation on my face is hands down. Beautiful. Its like my skin minus the veins and light blemishes. It gives light to medium natural coverage. It feels super light, doesn't crease, doesn't cake, and the most important thing, doesn't break me out. The photo above is the blended foundation on my hand. It just looks like my skin but a bit dewy and fresh. I couldn't test the product if it is sweat proof 'cause we are experiencing the cold weather here but on the first test day it was sunny and I think it didn't last that long. On the other hand, all throughout the cold weather, it lasted all day. 

All in all, this foundation is great and I would still continue to use this and I might bring it with me when traveling 'cause its travel friendly 😊. However, because of the transfer issue, I rate this product 4.5/5. 

What's your favorite stick foundation? 😊

Follow

You May Also Like

0 comments