Lip Care Routine

by - 6:00 PM

Lip Care Routine
 
 With the matte and tint lip trends, my on-going battle with having dry lips led me to creating my own lip care routine. I usually start it at night to prepare my lips for the lip makeup I'm going to use the next day. And for this post I'm going to share mine and persuade you to create your own as well. 😊

Lip Care Routine

EXFOLIATE

Before applying any lip product, I like to exfoliate my lips first. It helps in removing all the dead skin and cell turnover of the lips. There are several ways to exfoliate your lips such as rubbing it with a wet wipe, scrubbing it with a clean toothbrush or creating a lip scrub just like a DIY Honey and Cinnamon Lip Scrub.
Lip Care Routine

SPECIAL CARE

It is also important to replenish hydration to your lips after exfoliation. A simple swipe of a lip balm before bedtime could do the trick. I like to put one on my bedside table. But there are also certain days I like to apply some lip mask for extra hydration and special care for my lips overnight. I like to use the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask which makes my lips soft and smooth the next day. 

Lip Care Routine

SUN PROTECTION

Just like our face, our lips also need some protection. In the morning, I would apply some lip balm with SPF.  I always go for my favorite The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care with SPF 15. Not only does it protect my lips from the harmful UV rays of the sun, it also prevents it from getting chapped easily as well as premature aging and possibile skin cancer.

Lip Care Routine

LIP PRODUCT

And finally, a lip product. Though I like the matte lip products trend, I still grab for moisturizing lipsticks on a daily basis. I usually go for pinks and nudes just like my Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss #8.

Lip Care Routine

What is your current lip care routine? 😊

Follow

You May Also Like

0 comments