Favorite Skincare Products of 2016

by - 6:00 PM


Advance Happy New Year! This would be my last post for 2016! And I thought I'd share to you the products that I've been loving whole year round. I haven't posted my favorite makeup products these year 'cause honestly, there wasn't a lot that was worth mentioning aside from my favorite lip products for this year. But I haven't been buying makeup lately because I invested more for my face and skin as this year has been pretty stressful and I've been at home most of the time. So here are my favorite skincare products according to how I apply them! *drum roll*


CLEANSE AND EXFOLIATE

B-Lab I Am Sorry Just Cleansing Water was my first cleansing water which I loved immediately at first use. It comes in two sizes, this one is just 100ml. Though this wasn't a lot of product, it did took me a while to finish this one because I had a love-hate relationship with it. It does remove a lot eye and face makeup but it feels a bit sting-y when I tried removing my lip stick and after a few weeks of using, the product smelled different. Not that it was a disturbing scent, but it was just different which I always notice when I use it. I would apply this on a cotton pad and glide it to my face gently before or after washing my face with a cleansing oil or foam. After emptying this product and using a different cleansing water, I still prefer this one because it leaves my face smooth and silky. 

For cleansing oils or balm, I love the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm which I did a blog post talking about it thoroughly. 

The B-lab I Am Sorry Just Cleansing Foam is another love-hate product. I love how it gently cleanses my face even with just a very small amount of product. This thing will definitely last you a very long time. The thing with B-lab products is it uses natural ingredients and focuses on cleansing or removing makeup. Which I must say, they are very good at. What I didn't like about this product is that it stings my eyes when I wash the product with water (if I don't use a face towel to remove the product). Which I'm not used to with my previous cleansing products. But after using this product, my face feels really clean and soft. 

For exfoliation, I frequently used the Skin Food Black Sugar Mask and discussed it in a blog post. 



TONER, ESSENCE, SERUM

I adore The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Toner. I apply it on days when my face feels really dry. I like to apply this product by tapping it on my face with my clean hands. It actually feels like an essence and it is super moisturizing, talk about multitasking right? It claims to be for all skin type. Which I actually might agree on since a friend of mine who has oily skin loved this product as well as it didn't make her face more oily than it is. Definitely a must try!


The Etude House Moistfull Super Collagen Ampoule Essence actually has the same consistency as The Face Shop Toner but I do think this essence is a bit better than the latter. I've talked about this product on last year's favorite products, and yes its the same bottle but I haven't finished it yet even though I've been using it every morning. HA!

The Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Watery Essence is of a thicker consistency and it sort of smells like the sea but it in a good way. It definitely makes my face softer the next day.


My serums are the It's Skin Power 10 Formula CO Effector and VE Effector. Both products are for dry skin types. The CO Effector provides moisture and firmness while VE Effector moisturizes as well as giving you a luxuriously soft & smooth skin.


I haven't been experimenting with face masks this year. When I found the Collagen by Watsons intensive nourishing and firming facial mask, it's the only face mask I used for months to be honest. It sooo moisturizing. After removing it in 30 mins, my face feels so soft. However, the product sometimes stings my eyes. But, as they say, no pain, no gain. Lol. 😁


For moisturizers, I use the Nivea Creme or Foodaholic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel. And once or twice a week I would use the Laneige Water Sleeping Mask.


During my morning routine, I use the Etude House Sunprise Must Daily SPF 50+ PA+++. For me, its the best sun protection product when you're going to apply makeup that day. And it doesn't have the "sunscreen" smell too. I also enjoyed the Collagen by Watsons moisturizing lip care pack. Both of these lip products give so much hydration to my super dry lips. It is definitely a must have.


And finally, the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel Mist. When I'm at home for the whole day and my face feels so dry, I just keep on spritzing this product. It is so refreshing and hydrating. 😆 I sometimes apply this before or after applying my foundation for a smoother finish 😉.

And that's it! A year of makeup and skincare. Happy New Year guyys! Follow me for more reviews and beauty tips for 2017!

Follow

You May Also Like

0 comments