Favorite Lip Products of 2016

by - 6:00 PM


Favorite Lip Products of 2016

Good day! I'm really excited to share this post to you guys cause I'll be talking about my SIX favorite lip products for this year!

The Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Soft Suede is my most loved product this year.  When you look or swatch the product you would see its just your typical nude shade but with orange undertone. What made me grab this product for everyday use is that it glides like a dream and sits on my lips comfortably. One swipe and you're good to go. It doesn't dry out my lips. However, it only lasts for 4-5 hours without food intake. But I'll still use this especially if I'm in a hurry 'cause I know this lipstick won't fail me. 

I barely go for the red lip look but few weeks ago I've been using the Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Tokyo Tea to create that gradient look inspired by Korean models and artists. It is a bright coral red shade. I like to apply it on the inner parts of my lips, dab it and smudge a little bit to the outer corners and top it off with a lip balm or gloss. It lasts for about 6-8 hours, with a stain as the hours pass. 

I bought a few Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams online this year but had to give most of it to my sister as I haven't been using them for a while because the shades (that I thought I could pull off) were too dark for my liking. Thankfully my sister likes darker shades. This was the only product left in my stash and it is Istanbul. I was wearing it on and off during the earlier half of the year. It is a pink shade (but turned out orange in this photo, sorry) usually lighter than what I would go for but I like to apply my Etude House play 101 pencil #26 before applying this product. It lasts for 6-7 hours on me and doesn't transfer which I really like and the reason why I kept buying other shades but every time I would go and purchase it, the nude shades were always sold out. Ugh. 

Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Rayezor were also my favorite, I also added a few lippie stix to my collection but I still grab for these two. Lumiere is a dusty mauve pink by Kathleen Lights while Rayezor is a warm peachy nude shade. They're both matte but not drying on the lips which I actually really like. It lasts a good 5-6 hours on me. These Lippie Stixs are just so convenient and easy to apply. 

And last but not the least is the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park. My sister got this for me which I adoooore so much. Its a warm peachy nude shade. Great for everyday. Though it is satin, it turns matte in a few seconds but not as matte (and uncomfortable) as the Ultra Matte Lip ones and doesn't emphasize the lines on my lips. Definitely love this one and I couldn't stop raving about it. Also lasts a good 5-6 hours on me. 

Here is a swatch for all the products mentioned above. From left to right, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Soft Suede, Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Tokyo Tea, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Rayezor, and Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park.

Here is a swatch for all the products mentioned above. From left to right, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Soft Suede, Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip in Tokyo Tea, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Lumiere and Rayezor, and Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park.

Favorite Lip Products of 2016

What are your favorite lip products this year?

Follow

You May Also Like

0 comments