ASUS ZenFone 5

by - 3:00 PM


 Last year, I hit my record so far of using not two or three (or four) but five cellular phones (you might not know but my previous phones have been robbed, damaged, etc.). So I asked my techie friends what affordable product (but with great quality) they could recommend and all I could hear are the ASUS ZenFones. I've been using ZenFone 5 this past two months, I thought ZenFone 6 was a bit too big and during my vacation it was not available.

ZenFone5 has combined the best of the smartphone experience with powerful performance that will improve every aspect of your life. Simple, Peaceful , Beautiful, this is what ZenFone 5 designed to be.

It's Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), Intel Atom Multi-core Z2580 Processor 2.0 GHz (with Intel Hyper-Threading Technology). It's super light as it only weighs 145g with an 8 mega-pixel rear camera and 2 mega-pixel front camera. Available in colors: Charcoal Black, Pearl White, Cherry Rd, Twilight Purple and -the one I'm using- Champagne Gold.

Before anything else, I'd like to mention that I'm a go-to person. One reason that cellular phones or gadgets in general don't last with me is because I pretty much use them all the time. I'm constantly online in my social media accounts and surfing in the net, I play games or watch Youtube videos when I'm bored, I answer calls and send text messages & emails to a lot of people and I do this with my tablet and phone. So based on experience:

Pros:
  • It doesn't hang. Just like my Apple products, when an app crashes, it glitches for a second then closes the app and the next thing I know, I'm back to the home page. 
  • It's fast. When I'm scrolling for messages or searching for an app, it simply follows my swipe without delay.
  • It's affordable. I bought this for only Php 6,995. 
  • Exact weather forecast. I know 2 people who are using this product. When one told me it was gonna rain the next day and asked how sure he was, he simply said it was on ZenFone, and its ALWAYS right. True.
  • It's Dual Sim, Dual Standby. I find this very useful as I have a sim card for business and personal.
  • Useful additional features. This is what I love most about ZenFone, they already added apps that are very useful for productivity such as quick memo, do it later, what's next, flashlight, and super note. Some other features that I find very helpful: it displays the owner info in the lock screen. Just in case you lost your phone, your details will be shown when pressing the on button. Another is ZenLink's PC Link (no need to switch gadgets as this app shows the phone screen on my laptop) and Remote Link (makes your phone into a remote for your laptop via wifi or bluetooth - very useful for presentations).
Con:
  • Believe it or not I only have one concern of this product. I've noticed that ZenFone 5 has low battery life especially when using the wifi or mobile data (even on power saving mode). I tend to charge it every day. According to some users ZenFone 6 has a longer battery life. 
 But overall, I'd rate this gadget 4 out of 5. :D

You May Also Like

0 comments